Thursday, October 6, 2011

Perfectly Penned Birthday

This card is for my SIL's bday next week.  I got inspiration from this card by Stampercamper whose work I love.  I'm a bit grumpy about it though. I thought the black ink on the Happy Birthday was dry but apparently not because as you can see it is smeared. Grr!  Well aside from that I like how the card turned out :-)

I stamped the doily in Crumb Cake and then stamped the flowers in black.  The flower heads use both of the stamps in the set. The first stamp was full strength black and for the 2nd stamp I stamped off twice to get it lighter.  You can't really tell in the picture but there are dimensionals between the Kraft (yes I still have a supply of Kraft cardstock) layer and the black card base. It gives it a bit of depth in real life.

Stamps: Hello Doily, Perfectly Penned
Paper: Black, Kraft (aka Crumb Cake), White
Ink: Black, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Mat pack & paper piercer, 1/4" black grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals


Edited: Chosen as an SCS Weekly Favorite: (post #9)



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...