Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Mike!

This card is for a friend at church. His daughter is having all his friends bombard him with birthday cards. This is an example of how many ways you can mess up a card.  I spent the longest time coming up with a layout, moving things around, changing colors, recutting and on and on.  I finally thought I had my design and so I glued on the letters for mike.  When I laid it down on my card I realized that I had glued the letters along the wrong side of the paper so now my whole design is up in smoke. OK, new plan.  Now I'm down to the sentiment and the stamp has the words one on top of the other instead of side by side. Out comes my stamp-a-majig and a Not Quite Navy marker. After making the flag I decided it wasn't quite right. I thought it needed a brad so I stamped it again and assembled everything. OK, I think it came together. Flash forward to taking a picture of the card to post here.  I'm fiddling with the color and fiddling and fiddling and the sentiment just looks all washed out.  So I look at the card and realized that when I stamped it the second time I grabbed a black marker sitting on my table instead of the NQN marker. Oh, well. Enough is enough.  Here is the card.



Supplies Stampin'Up (except for the brad):
Stamps: Apothecary Art, On Your Birthday, Kindness Matters
Paper: Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Going Gray (ret), Basic Gray, White & Nautical Expedition DSP (ret)
Ink: Black (but imagine the sentiment in NQN)
Accessories: black brad
Tools: Labels Collection Framelits, Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlets, dimensionals


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...