Thursday, April 19, 2012

New Baby Boy

Today I made a baby card for a family at church - a boy. It's a case from this card on SCS which is apparently a case of a card by Wendy Janson. Cute ideas just keep going on and on!

The base is Ballet Blue which is a SU retired color. The next 3 layers are white (4 x 4-1/4"), Ballet Blue (3-3/4 x 4"), and white again (3-5/8 x 3-7/8"). The 3 colored strips (1-1/8 x 3-3/8") are Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue and Night of Navy. I ran these through my Cuttlebug using the dots folder. 5/8" Ballet Blue grosgrain ribbon is tied around this whole thing.  I stamped the baby booties from the Baby Bundle stamp set and punched it out with a 1" circle punch popped it up on a larger circle of Ballet Blue. This is on a white scalloped circle which is pierced on each scallop with my paper piercer. Now that I have the dimensions I think this will be a pretty quick card to replicate in different colors for different occasions.  - p.s. I forgot to mention that I rounded the corners on the right side with a corner rounder punch :-)


Supplies by Stampin'Up
Stamps: Baby Bundle
Paper: Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy, white
Accessories: 5/8" Ballet Blue grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch,  Nestability circle die (Ballet Blue), paper piercer, dimensionals, dots embossing folder, corner rounder

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...