Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bright Blossoms Revisited

It's been a while since my last post. Lots of stuff going on at home. I'll try to do better.  Today I needed a couple cards for ladies at church and thought Bright Blossoms would be bright and cheery.

I've had trouble lining up the clear mount stamps so I just bought the Clear-Mount Perfectly Placed Guides to go on the acrylic blocks.  I think it really helped in the placement of the flowers on this card.  The leaves are stamped in the new In-Color Gumball Green.  For the flowers I used Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight and Raspberry Ripple (also a new In-Color).  I Punched a strip from Pretty in Pink Prints DSP using the Martha Stewart Lace Doily border punch. Below that is a narrow strip of the same DSP. At the bottom is a strip punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch.  I tied a piece of green/white Baker's twine around the flower panel and then added a tag punched with the Jewelry Tag punch and stamped with Tiny Tags. This is tied with white Baker's twine. Pretty simple but it makes me happy!


Supplies by Stampin'Up unless noted:
Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Tiny Tags
Paper: Pretty in Pink Prints DSP (ret), Whisper White
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Daffodil Delight, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Baker's Twine
Tools: Martha Stewart border punch,  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Jewelry Tag punch, 1/16" punch

p.s. I wanted to note that I really love the new SU foam pads!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...