Friday, September 21, 2012

Congrats on Your New Roost

Both of my daughters have recently moved into new homes so I wanted to send them cards.  I knew that I wanted to use Papertrey's On the Farm set and this week's Color Throwdown (CTD209) worked with it just perfectly.                                                                                                                                  

 My first card is for my married daughter and her husband.  I stamped a background image from "On the Farm" in Summer Sun and then back it with Chocolate Chip and Old Olive. The rooster and hen are die cut with Really Rust and popped up on dimensionals.  The sentiment is stamped in Old Olive and then I hand cut each end to from the fishtail ends.

I was going to use the checked image from On the Farm but it was a tad too large so I grabbed the checks from a WPlus9 set called Country Charm which are just a bit smaller & stamped in Cherry Cobbler. The double lines (also from the Country Charm set) are in Chocolate Chip. I ran this Very Vanilla panel through my Cuttlebug using the PTI Linen Impression Plate. Then I used some Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink around the edge. I also used that same ink around the edge of the sentiment.  The image panel is popped up on dimensionals and some hemp is tied around the card.


My next card is for my daughter who is not married.  It is very similar to the first card except I used different background images. The barn is stamped in Really Rust, the sentiment is Chocolate Chip and the rooster is die cut from Chocolate Chip although it looks pretty black in the picture.

The rest is pretty much the same except that I embossed the image and the Really Rust panel with the Linen Impression plate. I don't know if you can see that in the pic.

Thanks for checking out my blog!


The Challenge:


Supplies:
Stamps: On the Farm (PTI), Country Charm (WPlus9)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Really Rust, Very Vanilla
Ink: Summer Sun, Old Olive, Really Rust, Cherry Cobbler, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen
Accessories: Hemp cord, dimensionals
Tools: On the Farm die (PTI), Linen Impression plate (PTI)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...