Thursday, October 25, 2012

1st Halloween Card

Well I'm finally getting to my Halloween cards. This is the first and I hope that I have more to come.  I get to play with new stuff and also meet a couple of challenges -  Dynamic Duos DD#25  color challenge including the dessert option of using a die and also the Pals Paper Arts PP145 sketch challenge.

I die cut the pocket and stamped it in Pumpkin Pie. Then I stamped the bats and embossed them with clear embossing powder. You can't really see it in the picture but it does help pop them out on the card. Then I adhered the pocket with dimensionals. The sentiment from A Pocketful: Halloween was punched out, spritzed with pumpkin pie ink and then also popped with dimensionals.   I used my new Die-Namics Fishtail Flag Stax to cut the flag out of the Black DSP and then backed that with the PP DSP.  It's all on a black card base.  Check back as I hope to have some more Halloween cards soon :-)


Here's the inside


The Challenges:
        


The Supplies:
Stamps: A Pocketful and A Pocketful: Halloween (Wplus9), Delightful Dozen (SU)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Whisper White, Brights DSP, Neutrals DSP (all SU)
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, PP and BB markers used on the inside
Accessories: Pocket die (Wplus9), oval punch (SU), Die-Namice Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), clear embossing powder, dimensionals & spritzer (SU)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...