Monday, March 4, 2013

2 Challenges

I just got this Papertrey Ink set because my daughter had the cutest little baby boy 2-1/2 weeks ago.  I thought I would give it some ink for a couple challenges this week - Inkspirational sketch challenge and the ColourQ challenge.



The card is pretty straight forward. The rocket is popped up on dimensionals and then the Caribbean/MM layer under the rocket is also on dimensionals.  I just got the enamel dots and was so glad that I actually had some in the collection that matched Summer Starfruit. (I so do not like that color!)



Supplies:
Stamps: Boy Basics: Out of this World (PTI)
Paper: Midnight Muse, Cool Caribbean, Very Vanilla, Comfort Cafe DSP (Stampin'Up)
Ink: Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit (SU) (I used both the ink pads & markers)
Accessories: My Mind's Eye "Winter Wonderland" Enamel Dots, dimensionals
Tools: Rocket die (PTI), corner rounder

7 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so adorable! I love the flames coming from the rocket! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card, that image is so much fun!

sandie said...

Such a great card for a young boy, the image and sentiment is ideal and great match with the paper. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Debbie, love that rocket! So glad you joined us at the colourQ and shared your card.

Ruth M said...

This is a fabulous card for a boy Debbie, love the fresh, clean look and the dimension you've created!
Yeah, Summer Starfruit - not nice, a very odd colour! You've done a fab job using it here though!
Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Inkspirational & I really hope to see you playing along with us again soon! Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so great! I always struggle to make cards that are fun for kids. This is perfect! I love the count down sentiment paired with the rocket. So fun! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely darling! I LOVE the rocket theme and the fabulous use of white space to make the colors POP! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...