Friday, January 31, 2014

GO SEAHAWKS!



Well it was unintentional but my subconscious must have been thinking Seahawks when I made this card. I am from the greater Seattle area and we are so excited that they are in the Super Bowl!! Well on to the card.

I watched a video this week by Jennifer McGuire and she used verdigris embossing powder on embossing paste. It reminded me that I bought some verdigris from Stampin'Up years ago.  There is another video by Shari Carroll which I've been itching to try where she used acetate to raise words up off the card. So I thought I could combine several techniques and this week's CAS(E) This Sketch challenge for my card.  Since I just took the Stenciled Online Card Class this fits right in with that too.


I tried to get a picture of the acetate so that you could see the layers but it was hard to get it to show up. I used the 2 way glue pen to adhere the sentiment to the acetate.


Here you can see the colors of the verdigris embossing powder. I sprinkled the powder on the spackling paste while it was still wet but waited for it to dry before heating it up with my heat tool.



Thanks for stopping by today! GO SEAHAWKS!!!


p.s.  I just saw that OWH is doing a 3-day Card Bowl Challenge and today's challenge is to make a masculine card that reflects your choice of team to win. Well I think my card fits this so I'm entering it in the challenge.


SUPPLIES:
Stamps: none
Paper: White (PTI), Night of Navy (SU), DSP by SU
Ink: none
Other: Thanks On a Line die (SSS), Tim Holtz layering stencil "Bubble", light weight spackling paste (Ace Hardware), Verdigris embossing powder (SU), acetate, foam tape, Zig 2 way glue pen

10 comments:

Penny said...

Love your card. I especially love the technique for the embossing. Thank you for sharing!!!

Colleen said...

Great card, Love the techniques!

The Apple Crate said...

Cool techniques! And go Seahawks!! :)

craftysahmiam said...

Fabulous cards full of lots of great techniques (to try!). Thanks for including the links.

Cathy said...

Great card, love the look of the verdigris. The stencilling class sounds as though it was a lot of fun! Cathy x

Cherie said...

I love the look of that center stripe. What a great way to cover up the delicate embossing power.

Nancy Keller said...

Very cool! I love your card and how that sentiment turned out! Happy game day!!

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Great card!
:) Marie

A Northern Girl said...

wow..so lovely.

Jen W. said...

Fabulous! Love those sparkly dots! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...