Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day



Here is the card that I gave to my mom for Mother's Day.  Sorry it's kinda dark. Every time I lightened it up in my software the background turned a really bright, yucky color.  Anyway I wanted to try the embossing folder stamping technique for the background. I went to get my watercolor paper and couldn't find it.  I moved a couple months ago and apparently it hasn't shown up. So I used Neena Solar White instead and it just doesn't work as well. It took me 3 or 4 tries to get this background.  It doesn't look too bad IRL but I went out and got some watercolor paper yesterday so will have to try again :-)


I'm adding this card to the Keep It Simple - Watercolor challenge.



I had a great day with my mom yesterday. I hope that you did too! Thanks for stopping by!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Short & Sweet (SU)
Paper: Neena Solar White
Ink: Peacock Feathers Distress Ink (Ranger), Pear Pizzaz (SU)
Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folder, Timeless Tags die (WP9)
Other: American Crafts twine, dimensionals (SU)


Edited 6/15: My card was chosen as one of the stars for this challenge. Yippee!!



1 comment:

Lyndal said...

Fab watercolour background Debbie! So glad you played along with Keep It Simple!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...