Monday, June 15, 2015

Fusion Challenge - Blue Skies and Smooth Sailing

I had a great 2 weeks visiting family in Georgia and now I'm back home in Washington.  It was hot in Atlanta and it's hot here at home too. Kinda unusual for this time of year in Washington but it encourages staying inside and making cards :-)

Here is a card that I made for the Fusion Challenge. I used the colors, the nautical theme and the sketch.




I used a retired set from Stampin'Up called The Open Sea.  I stamped the anchor and then fussy cut it. I need practice at that :-)  Then I die cut a navy circle to layer behind it.  Next up was the background text stamped on the yellow panel. It looks sorta beige but it really was stamped in Soft Stone. Next came the flag which I embossed with a folder called Bubbles.  It seemed appropriate. Last came the sentiment and it's done.

 The yellow panel is popped up on dimensionals.  I also sponged around the yellow panel and the fishtail flag panel.




Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you all are enjoying the summer so far. Now I'm off to decide what I'm going to order from Papertrey this evening :-)


The Fusion Challenge:




SUPPLIES:
Stamps: The Open Sea (SU retired), Bitty Bouquets (sentiment - PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Pool Party, Night of Navy (SU), Lemon Tart (PTI)
Ink: Night of Navy (SU), Soft Stone (PTI)
Other: Circle Nestabilities, Fishtail Flag Stax (MFT), Sizzix EF "Bubbles", dimensionals, Corner Chomper


3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What a great CAS design - fusing the image and the sketch! thanks for joining us in the Fusion Challenge with this lovely creation! Julia xx

The Apple Crate said...

Great take on the sketch, and it's good to see that old set getting some love!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Wonderful take on the challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...